Monday, January 19, 2009

Trying for less sadness

Really. So I don't write anything for....however long and then its slit your wrists stuff.

The weekend was pretty rough, today a little better. Sunday morning was kind of tough, but I went riding with some Tri-Girls and REB, the honorary Tri-Girl. It was cold. It was very good to get out though and be with some very nice friends. I do however, wish for the day I can once again keep a good pace. Considering the cold and my lack of exercise, I guess I shouldn't complain.

Work today is very odd. Most people are cleaning up and leaving, not to return. Folks are finding out how long their services will be needed. I get the feeling that there is still a lot of guessing going on so I'm not willing to count on anything. Pretty sad watching people haul their stuff out. I'm pretty glad I have nothing here now so I can just walk out when the time comes. And, I'm told my time isn't for awhile, so that's nice, too.

Still however, you look at everything a little differently. Its tougher to tell your kid she can't do everything she's use to doing because we just don't know what will happen. While I think it is good for us, it does cause stress.

anyway....

So, maybe I should make a poll: how many weeks in a row do I have to ride to be able to say I'm riding again? I think it needs to be more than two. Gotta say it is really nice to be back out on the bike. We shant discuss the stats. I now need to fit back in my gym time so I can lose some weight. That would be great.

Maybe I'll post more, too.

1 comment:

TriGirl 40 said...

Gosh, I can't imagine the mood at CC right now. So, so sad. You and your coworkers are in my thoughts.

But, I have to say, it seems like you've never had a hiatus on the bike. You look strong out there - and ready for longer rides already (next week)?