Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's Gotta Be Me

Seems like I am always disappointed. Maybe my expectations are too high.

When I'm working on something, I call it the Medusa Touch. Its not that everything I touch gets 8 heads, but it does seem to turn to stone. Witness my recent wheel issues which will now find my grinding my brakes down.

This evening I went to pick up my bicycle. I really enjoyed the experience of the fitting. While the bike looks a little less sexy, I'm sure its going to be more comfortable. It is going to take a bit to get use to the higher seat.

So anyway, I get the bike and go to check out. I really don't know what its going to cost because I spent way less time than I thought. I did know what the bars cost. I was surprised with the bill. It was cheaper than I expected. I didn't get the work order, only a reciept. And, as an aside, I didn't get the old bars back.

So, I roll the bike out on the street, kind of glancing at things. Hmm. I don't think they tuned it up. That would explain the price. I got to the car and took a closer look. Nope, no adjustment. I rode it around the lot and decided to bag it and take it home.

Now I'm left with having to go over the whole bike. I guess I should have planned on it anyway. I had just hoped they would pull the cable through and check the wheels for true. Clearly not.

To be clear, the last thing I talked about when I left the bike there, after the fitting, was what I thought was wrong with the bike. I went through the various things I wanted adjusted. Hell, my saddle isn't even level.

Once again, I'm dissappointed with service. Back out will come my torque wrench and I'll sit around with bike on the stand for awhile tweaking things.

Service sucks.

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Sorry to hear that the bike experience wasn't better. What a pain.

But, uh, I thought you went on some really amazing sounding trip - I've been waiting to hear the cheese review.

Unknown said...

I just called them and he admitted they blew it. The request for a tune is on the ticket. So, back I go.

Trip? What trip? Stinky cheese and crepes rock!