Saturday, November 17, 2007

Revelations

I got the idea awhile back that I should try to do a 10k run. I kind of floated the idea. Everyone said I could for sure work up to it easily. I gotta say being around all the TriGirls made me think I should give it a shot. Swimming would kill me at this point, so a triathalon is out.

Today was a Turkey Trot at my kid's school. They had to do 2 loops that amounted to a mile. My kid is pretty slow, and it was pretty cold. We ran.....some. In that some I realized something. I.Can't.Run. Confirmation. There you have it. Man, it is just so awkward. My knees felt rough, my calves just pounded. Now, my stride was funny, but still. Nope. Not gonna.

Now, a little bragging. Sorry in advance. We're having a sleepover tonight. My kid is an only, so we try to do these things so she isn't stuck with just us. We've had several kids over over the years. Everytime I end up feeling the same. Everytime i end up realizing how great my kid is. Now, she can be ...motherly (bossy perhaps), but she is so well behaved. Other kids tend to annoy me because they act like kids. They really aren't doing anything wrong, none of the kids have ever been bad. She's just really good. I'm very lucky.

Getting a new PC. Lord knows I didn't need to spend the money, but my desktop has become processor bound. Its pretty old, like 4 years. I'm not sure exactly what has happened to it, but something. I've scanned it with several virus engines, spybot engines, tuning software, and nothing has come up. I loaded a piece of software the other night and it took 75% of the processor. Scottie called and said "she can't take anymore captain". I've never had this happen, usually I just upgrade for the heck of it. This time it looks like I finally maxed it out. Now the issue of finding something to do with it. Of course it'll be over a month before I'm off of it and feel like the new one is stable..

[/off geek]

Night

1 comment:

TriGirl 40 said...

Hey - don't give up on the running just yet. A year ago - running anything over 6 miles was hard. Time, patience, hard work - baby steps...

but I may have a hidden agenda. Like pushing for a tri in your future.

Sweet tribute to your sweetie pie.