Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Stuff, Random at its Best

I'm way overdue here. I had the best intentions of putting up more pictures, and I will, but I just haven't gotten around to converting them. They are all still sitting on the card...much like that Kodak commercial. My excuse of the day is that I bought a new harddrive for pictures. I bought new software because my old wouldn't deal with RAW files. I figured I might as well reorganize the mess in the process.

And there you have it.

Also, dealt with some odd stuff. Can't really write about it. Not bad, just....odd. No matter how old I get, I still seem to meet people I don't understand.

Last Saturday was my birthday. My kid always has "plans" about birthdays and such. They kind of drift with the prevailing winds so it can be a challenge to figure out what you're doing.
She decided I needed a boy date, so she had my wife call a work friend and see if he was available. I was supposed to go drink beer and do boy stuff. So we went to GForce Karts. We did 2 sessions. I came in second both times, but I really blew it the first time. Second time the track was more crowded, so I got held up some. I did beat my friend.
Afterwards we went over to Joe's Inn for a beer and a snack. Racing is tough you know! Must hydrate! (Thanks for that lesson, ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN).

So, I had been instructed to warn when I was coming home, so I did. Upon returning I walked to the door to be assaulted on either side by Silly String. Nice, they actually got me. We went inside for the gifts, which included what will be a torturous Spinervals DVD. I have one of the easier ones, Aero Base Builder. I used it last winter and it really helped me get use to spinning more. As much as I dread this Big Gear one, I need it.

Birthday dinner was at Ichiban. Kid knows I like sushi, so that was the choice. She enjoyed her chicken nuggets with chop sticks.

Great day.

Otherwise not a lot of excitement. The new Einsturzende Neubauten cd is great. I like most all of their work. The songs have more melody than they did 20 years ago. They are still a tough listen, but worth it if so inclined. Most people would be put off by the German lyrics. Last time I saw them in DC they stated they wouldn't be back due to the cost of travel. We'll see. And hope. I will be paying a personal tribute to EN next week.

And...that's it.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Happy birthday!!! (I'd be willing to bet the silly string was actually Chris' idea!)

Annn said...

I am always happy to help!

Happy birthday!