Monday, December 10, 2007

Busy Weekend

For my kid, anyway. I guess me as well.

Friday night my kid went to a sleepover. This was her first. She's had kids stay at our house, and most have gone ok, but she was scared to go somewhere else. Not sure what happened. And, they even had a dog! My kid is scared of dogs! When I asked where the dog slept, she said "anywhere. It was a nice dog". Ok then, where did my girl go?

We went out to dinner at our close by fave, Patina Grill. Turns out I went to highschool with the owner. Been going there for years and never realized it. Such a small town, the RVA. Anyway the food was great as always. I started with a standard martini, and I gotta say, it kind of hit me. I can usually drink quite a bit, I'm not small and my tolerance is usually good. I have to say I kind of felt it. I had a fantastic Salmon meal. My wife, as usual, wanted dessert. I can't have dessert, so I went for an after-dinner coffee drink. Plenty of booze. I had to ask the wife to drive home. I got home and went to bed...at about 8:00. Honestly this doesn't happen to me. I have no idea what was going on. So strange.

Saturday AM brought the bicycle ride with Diane and Richard. I bundled up and went forth amid great protest from my body. I use to ride in the woods in the winter, but somehow this is different. We couldn't decide how far to go, so we picked a point to make a decision and headed out.

The beginning of the ride was a little tough. I suck in the morning, but I've gotten use to it. Frankly the cold only makes it worse. Takes awhile to get warmed up and moving. The begining of the ride wasn't great, but wasn't bad either. The second half seemed a bit better. I haven't looked at the stats to see if we were moving any better on the return portion. The three of us seem to ride pretty equally. Everyone has off days and on days, but for the most part I don't think anyone really holds anyone else up. Of course I'll never forget Diane and her brother in law dropping me like there was no tomorrow on the metric we did, so...

The rest of Saturday was cleaning up and a few errands, which are tough this time of year. My kid was at several more functions on Saturday. Sunday AM brought me trying to get a gingerbread house completed prior to yet another even for my daughter. Then, while she was gone, we raked leaves...possibly my least favorite task in the world. Thankfully, we don't have a ton of leaves. We got finished and I headed out on the motorcycle for a quick ride. I actually rode our bike route as it entails some nice, low traffic roads. I feel pretty confident on the motorcycle, but fact is I'm really new to it. I'm still kind of uncomfortable on the highway. My bike is pretty light, and tooling along at 75 with no fairing or windshield just feels loosy goosy.

Then was time to get the Christmas tree. All our cats haven't been around one. The two kittens did their inspection and did some playing, but seem to get over it pretty quickly. Until you put water in the base and they want to drink that. We'll see. Probably leave up undecorated for a few days to be sure its safe.

Had to pick up for the maids today, and then order a few Christmas gifts. And now I'm here, blowing off a meeting.

W00t!

1 comment:

Diane said...

You are very kind to leave out the part of our ride Sat where you dropped my like a bad habit on every hill. You were a machine out there! Very impressive.