Sunday, December 30, 2007

Starwho?

That's right folks, after investing hundreds of dollars and countless hours, this barista has no need for the local coffee store. I sit here sipping an eggnog latte. Or at least that's what I call it. No half-caf, semi-sweet, no-fat, double shot $6.00 cup of coffee that won't be ordered correctly. Steamed Eggnog, a little whip cream and Rostov's Copenhagen blend. If you're in the RVA, this is where you should get your coffee. Tammy, and previously her Dad, have some awesome coffee. If you're ordering off the web to get fresh coffee beans, drive your ass down to the VCU area and visit Tammy. She's great, and the coffee is better.

The other day I mentioned I didn't get any cycling stuff for Christmas. Well, I forgot to mention a great DVD I got; "Breaking Away". Its a great movie and you can get it cheap now, so I did. I can't wait to watch it. (I also got Cannonball and Winning, but these are of even less interest to most).

After a week of semi-working, I went to Philly for the weekend. I'm sure (and I hear) that its a great city, but I go to visit in-laws, which severly limits the goodness. I never really get to see anything I'd like to. Well, I did get to the museum for an art show once. We stay in a working class section of town and it is less than inspiring for me. Best I can say is that it gives me an even better appreciation of where I grew up and the opportunities that have been afforded me. Frankly, I just don't *get* the north.

Every year all I hear about is the Mummer's Parade. We went once. It seems like Mardi Gras to me, but I just can't let loose and be as drunk as you need to be to be a part. It is something to see tho.

Two more days and its all over. The festive part of the year is done. Its a shame, really. For all the stress Christmas can put on you, I like it. I'd like it better if it would stay cold (my sinuses would like this as well), but c'est la vie. I'm the last guy to put my toys away and take down the tree.

And speaking of toys...
Rock Band is great. We've been playing quite a bit, but have yet to start an official game. The kid is doing a good job practicing drums. She's stuck with it, so I think she's having fun with it. Today she told a girl, "Don't tell anyone, but I'm a rock girl". HAHAHAHA. She was at the mall and bought a wallet....with pink skulls and crossbones. 'Cause she's a Rock Girl. Makes me laugh, but I remember at that age sitting in my room singing to my Partridge Family records.

I've had a blast with guitar hero, and mom was enjoying SingStar 80s. It was a Playstation Christmas.

Ok, TV ad getting to me. The Package Shark. This thing looks great! And if you order now....

Tomorrow will be bowling before settling in for some good cheese I got in Philly and some Champagne. Then, staying up all night playing Guitar Hero.

Maybe Richard will ride on Tuesday.

3 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

We might need to plan our bike routes with a pit stop at your place to try the coffee. Yumm.

Then stop at TRIDi's for a cranberry margarito.

Diane said...

And let's play Rock Band while we're at your house! I'm dying to try it. I can't wrestle the single control for Guitar Hand away from Scott or the kids to play in my own house.

REB60 said...

"Breaking Away" is a great movie! I especially love the scene where out hero is drafting behind an 18 wheeler! Man is he fast! Would have left Lance in the dust.