Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Sleep.....I Need Sleep

So, in addition to Christmas Eve excitement, we had a tooth fall out. It was quite the event. Kid has lost all her teeth at school at lunch. She won't pull them so they come out in her sandwich. Her PBJ. Yup, that's how loose they get. I had no idea how loose this one was. So after some hurt and a few tears, it was out. Then, off to bed.

I was annointed Santa and Tooth Fairy. So, we moved all the presents under the tree before bed. We had a present to put in her room, and of course I had to do the tooth swap. I was advised by wifey that I wait until later to make sure she was sleeping good. I went downstairs to watch A Christmas Story.

Around 11, I heard her door open. Panic.....I left a gift in the hallway. Crap. Too late now. So, I wait a few and go upstairs. It was still where I left it, so I hid it. Then I checked and she was in our bed with Mom. So, back downstairs I went.

At 2AM I went back up. She seemed asleep in our bed. I did the tooth swap, but realized I shouldn't do the gift because she might see it when I put her to bed and she knew I was still up..blah blah (I should note she only sort of believes in Santa. Next year gone for sure). Now I climb in bed and realize I need to put the gift in her room prior to sun up. So, I can't sleep and around 3:30 I go put it in. She sits up in bed. But nothing. Whew

BAck up at 8 for Santa. The rest of the day was great. Only downside, no biking gifts, but I really didn't need much. I'll end up worrying about it later.

Ok, I need to rest.

5 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Those sleepless Christmas Eve nights - seem much different as an adult than when you were a kid! Hope she loved all her gifts! Merry Christams!

Annn said...

I have an idea. I'll buy you whatever pedals you want and you can get me my zipps or heds. We both win! Good deal no?

Unknown said...

Good Deal for someone....

Annn said...

You must not be as sleep-deprived as I hoped.

Are we riding on Saturday?

Diane said...

I'm so jealous that you got to sleep in (as it were) until 8:00! C was up at 6:45. Yikes!

You can always buy your own bike toys on sale this week... I'm so sure THAT hadn't already occured to you!!!