Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Curiosity

Is there a reason that the bike simulators at the gym don't let you draft?

I got on one for the first time the other day. You know the ones with the little screen with other riders and backgrounds? I was pedaling hard, watching the terrain map. I saw a downhill coming, so I coasted.....and I stopped.

Then, on a flat into a climb I got behind one of the other riders and slowed my pedaling in the draft. I started to slow down. WTF? Where's my draft?

Tell me how this is a simulator?

:-)

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

That is a good question, my friend.

Though maybe they think you are training for a triathlon.

Where they do not appreciate the beauty of the draft.

Annn said...

Did you press the "Zipp option?" I hear that is a whole other kind of ride.