Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Overwhelmed

Man, I have been bored at work for quite awhile. The holidays often are in my area. All of the sudden...WHAM. I have quite a bit to do and have not been inspired to write. I also have a number of small projects at home that I really want to finish, and some planning for going to France and Canada hanging in the air. Whew.

Went skiing in lieu of biking on Saturday. Was fun. I hadn't been in 6 years or so. By the end of the day I was starting to feel ok on skis. I had ones that were a bit too long, but I made do. I'm hoping we can get in a few more trips this winter. I'd like my daughter to enjoy it so its something we could all go do. The wife needs to warm up to the whole thing. More trips would help with that.

On the way up to parking, I was noting the road...and the elevation changes. And the fact that I agreed to ride a bike up this "hill". Hmm. Perhaps I've not thought this through. I'm sure I'll do it anyway, but I hold little hope. There are a couple of REALLY steep sections. Maybe if I had Zipps....

I need to get back out on the bike. I haven't been on the trainer either. I have made it to they gym a few times, so that's good. Going to hit the gym tonight, but my legs are still a little sore from skiing. Ah well, don't they say no pain, no gain?

No comments: