Sunday, January 13, 2008

What do I have to do???

Dammit.
Once, REB60 blogged that I was the fastest rider he knew because I was always there. Well, we knew that was a nice lie.
I now think this of all my riding buddies. No matter what I do, they're right there. Sure, there is a time or to I pass them, or they pass me, but no one ever "drops" anyone.

I want to be able to drop someone.

Considering that I'm going to attempt the Wintergreen thing, you'd think I'd be able to. But no.
REB and I are a tad (ok lot) larger than the Trichicks we usually ride with. I always figure that is to my advantage on the downhills. More mass=faster. I've got mass covered. So, I usually tuck in and coast....give myself a break....andI'll pass folks. I commented this to Tridi this Saturday as I coasted up to her.

We hit the biggest hill of the ride at the end. (btw, why is that? Who plans these routes anyway?) EVERYONE passed me. Not sure how that happened. So, we hit the bottom and start the climb. I roll by everyone. Was truly odd. As we started to get towards the top, everyone caught me. Someone passed, Tridi, I think. Once we crested and my heart found its way back to where it goes, I pushed a bit. Trigirl40 was on my wheel the whole damn time.

Again, what do I have to do??? Buy Zipps?

I will say my pedals didn't bother me this week, and my toes didn't go numb. Maybe I'm on to something.

Truly, I think it boils down to the fact that we're all pretty similar riders. Everyone has their good and bad days. Some folks seem to peak. As I'm not training for anything, I just try to last.

At any rate, it was a good ride. I hope I can continue to meet up when my wife starts training for the Ukrops thingie.

3 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Ah, the beauty of the draft!

Though whatever excuse you can use for Zipps...

And then if you get them, we all have excuses, too.

Annn said...

Zipps???

Did someone here say Zipps???

Who is getting Zipps???

Unknown said...

You both realize after this post, you will both drop me like a bad habit next time we ride. :-(