Friday, January 4, 2008

Yup

I made it to the gym last night. It had been awhile. Frankly I hate this time of year because all the "resolution" exercisers are there. Not that I wish them any ill will, I just hate a crowded gym. My gym is really small so if there is much of a crowd, its a little rough. Tuesdays and Thursdays seem to be less crowded, so I think I'm going to do my best to plan on those days. I can do the trainer on the others.

Turned out it wasn't too bad last night. I've learned if I leave work a little early, like 10 minutes, I beat the traffic out and get to the gym a little earlier. Often this can make the difference in trying to get some cardio in. Last night I had to use the bike because the cross trainers were full. I did manage to do my 30 min at over 100 rpm. The tension was up a bit as well, so I was pleased. Even the weight machines weren't awful. My legs were rubbery by the end, but fine later on. A good feeling.

The other tidbit was I think I saw my old hotish trainer there. Didn't get to talk to her, but I'd like to. She started me off on this whole thing and I'm in so much better shape. I would think she might like it, too, since it shows someone she worked with continued on and maintained. Natch I'd be further along if I had stayed with her, but it didn't seem worth the cash.

And a quick note before someone yells at me, the hotish trainer was a gift from my wife. When she called to get a trainer, she asked for a hot chick (maybe not in those words). I mean, why would I want a man? Having a girl is just far more incentive. Who wants to look bad in front of a cutie? I mean, even though you know you look like a big in comparison, you still try hard. Maybe its just me. Maybe I'm a dirty old man. Maybe I just admit it.

And yes, Trigirl 40, Out of Shape 45 here was convinced by REB 60 to do a time trial up Wintergreen mountain. You in?

4 comments:

Annn said...

Did someone say time trial up Wintergreen mountain???

Hope to see you tomorrow (and hope all is well)!

Unknown said...

You in??

Diane said...

Your wife is da bomb! Who wouldn't want a hot opposite gender trainer???

TriGirl 40 said...

That, my friend, is way more crazy than an Ironman. I can't wait to hear your accounts of this adventure (as I bribe TRIDi to watch aside with one of her amazing sounding drinks.)