Monday, January 7, 2008

Open Auditions

My child would like to be a flower girl. I guess what one wouldn't, especially if they are girly. Well, we explained that it really wasn't in the cards because there wasn't anyone in the family to get married.

She came up with a plan.

She decided I should marry one of my TriGirl friends so she could be a flower girl. I'm not sure who Mom is marrying. So, line up ladies. :-)

I was going to give it a go on the trainer tonight...I could really use it. But, I bailed. Instead I decided to once again tackle my troublesome pedals. Since I can't afford to buy Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn any Zipps (I looked at the price....yeah, no), I wasn't going to be getting any Speedplays from her. Best make my Time's work.

So, I flipped the cleats. You can adjust spacing by flipping them (on a mountain bike you do this to adjust release angle...unless you're like me and took a grinder to them anyway). I also mounted them as far forward as I could. I had always had them moved back since that seemed like where the ball of my foot was in the shoe. Guess I was wrong. I was able to clip in every time, without looking, in the dark. I practiced several times.

It does feel different. The possibility exists that this may help my numb toe issue as well. It'll be awhile before I know about that one. Regardless, I'm happy(ish) with them again. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still curious about the Speedplay.

Finally, I came in and adjusted the float. I have them set on medium float instead of max. It seems to feel a little better this way. I'll ride like this for awhile and perhaps tighten them down more later.

So, after all that I backed out the cleat screws, put on a little Loctite, and tightened it all back. Good to go.

Saturday anyone?

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

LOL, can we have a wedding for the bikes, perhaps?

Glad the cleat issue is looking up.

Diane said...

I like the idea of a marriage to Annnnn... you get 50% of the Zipps AND her speedplays - and your daughter gets to be a flower girl. Win-win. Oh, wait, except for your wife...