Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Fitness

So I ride my bike all summer (maybe not as much as I wished I had) and feel pretty good about it. While I'm able to keep up at the end of the summer, I don't feel as strong and am getting dropped a bit more. So, I head back to the gym for the first time in months.

Ugh. I guess not going to the gym is bad. Honestly biking is mostly about legs and lungs, but the piece I started to feel was missing was *core* muscles (I hate that term core. Why must we always invent new ways to refer to the same old thing?). Basically while my legs had ok power, and lungs were fine, I felt I was working harder keeping my body up.

Well, only two visits in and I can say I feel a bit tighter already. Had to drop back on weight, but I think this will work out for me.

3 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Hey - welcome to the blogger world. Can't wait to hear more random musings. Would love to catch up and ride with you all again. DL and I are heading out for a 5 hour ride on Saturday around 9:30 am along Osbourne and Route 5 if you'd like to join us!

REB60 said...

Hey popsrcr! By the way, is that Pops Racer? Like old man racer? Hmmm. Going to the gym sucks, yes, but if you don't go to the gym, how do you know it sucks when you do go? I'm all for missing the gym as much as possible.

Annn said...

I thought the fearsome threesome rule was to keep increasing the weights until your arms were so sore that you were left looking like a t-rex.

And, BTW, I encourage all three of you to do a heavy leg workout the day prior to me riding with you!