Sunday, October 14, 2007

Whew!

Mom is home. It has been quite hectic.

We had an outage at work on Friday. We weren't fully recovered until late Saturday. So, Friday night was spent shopping, packing, phone calling, driving to the airport phone calling, emailing and finally sort of sleeping.

Saturday brought good weather and taking off for camping. We were in cabins, so there was no tent to set up. Just all the cooking stuff. After a brief lunch we went for games. We didn't do so well. There were only 4 of us, so we had to do everything 4 times because of the tribe with 16 kids. So, that mean we had to carry the kids a bunch. I think the dads were as worn out as the kids.

Afterwards one of the worst things that could have happened, happened. Mom brought her a little coin from her trip. One of those angels in your pocket things. She lost it in the field during the games. Her eyes were all red and I could just see me having to pack up and go home. A bunch of people helped us look, but no luck. I told her that I just didn't think we were going to find it. I was working on a story about the luck whoever found it would have, but, then she found it. I was so relieved.

The night was the usual grilling and the secret ceremony. I'm afraid I can't share what goes on there. :-)

Back to a roaring campfire. Kids in bed around 10. Dads in bed around 11. We're the wuss tribe. One of the dads did bring a little something for me to slip into my coke. Whew. It was good. Sleep was ok. Temp was awesome, but my bunk was less than comfortable.

The morning brought me making eggs which go over well. Eggs, bacon, milk, juice, doughnuts, some sausage left over from dinner, hot chocolate, and coffee, glorious coffee.

Came home, started clean up, went for some new cds, and that's about it. Oh, and dropping the camera gear off. Wow, I have no idea how I'm going to carry it. Guess I'll manage.

Now back to real life. Gotta get the lawnmower tomorrow. Need some sleep. Need to purge all the bad food I've eaten out of my system. Need to exercise.

Tired.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Sounds like (mostly) fun!

(I need you back on the bike on Saturday mornings by the way. Richard and Annnn are mean to me.)

TriGirl 40 said...

Wow - that sounds tougher than our Eastern Shore weekend! Glad she found her angel coin.

And count me in for any bike rides you all do after November 3rd!